Lockdown Compassion Donation To Nectar Foundation
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, and to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well” ( Ralph Waldo Emerson). It is for this reason that MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation made a donation to Nectar Orphanage on 1st May 2020 at Lower Manya Krobo in the Eastern Region. The Orphanage is owned by Madam Fredericka Akuffo and has about 50 orphans.
1. Food items such as bags of Maize, Beans, Gari, boxes of Tomato Purees, and Oil for cooking.
2. A 2000 Litre Polytank for storage of water for the home.
3. Two 36kg Gas Cylinders to aid in cooking.
4. Twenty (20) boxes of bottled water, boxes of close-up toothpaste, toothbrush, bar soaps and packs of tissue (T-Rolls).
5. Four (4) boxes of Brand New Shoes, a box of toys, and stationery.
6. Confectionery items such as 100 bars of chocolate, and cookies.
7. Hand Sanitizers and Veronica Buckets to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Madam Fredericka Akuffo, the owner of the Orphanage, expressed gratitude to the Foundation for the act of benevolence extended to them, adding that the items received from the Foundation would go a long way to soften the challenges facing the orphanage and most especially, help save these vulnerable children at the orphanage during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Mr. Nicholas Cofie, the Founder and President of MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation said He was deeply touched by the plight of these vulnerable children at their first visit in January 2020. Hence the decision to support the orphanage. He also appealed to Philanthropists to support the Vulnerable in the wake of this pandemic as he hoped that, out of the Orphanage will emanate Future Leaders who must not be neglected in this COVID era.